The College has Research and Development cell and encourages faculty member to apply for minor/major research projects through UGC funding. The faculty members are motivated to carry out research/projects by providing different facilities, i.e. Internet facility, reference books and journals. Faculty members are supported to publish research papers and to attend National Conferences, Seminars, Workshops for presenting research papers. Faculties are rewarded for the sponsored seminars, workshops and research projects.
Director – Prof. R.V. Shukla
R & D Committee – Dr. Preeti Mishra,
Dr. Samiksha Sharma and
Sumit Kumar Dubey
Member – All HOD
- Workshop organized by Hindi and Education departments on “Chhattisgarhi Raj Bhasha Prashikshan” on 23 November 2016. This was organized by “Chhatisgarh Raj Bhasha Aayog and R & D Cell of DLS PG College. The chief guest was Dr. Vinay Kumar Pathak [Chairman, Chhattisgarh Rajbhasha Aayog, Raipur (C.G.).Trainers : Dr. Vijay Kumar Sinha, Shri Raghvendra Dubey and Shri Vivek Tiwari
- Seminar organized by Department of Hindi & Education on “Chhattisgarhi Lok-geet Ma Sanskriti Aau Lok Jeevan” on 5th December 2016. This was sponsored by Chhattisgarh Rajbhasha Aayog and R & D Cell of the college & Environment, Tourism & Culture department of Chhattisgarh chief guest was Dr. vinay Kumar Pathak [Chairman, Chhattisgarh Rajbhasha Aayog, Raipur (C.G.)Special guests : Dr. Yasheshwari Dhruv, Dr. Vashudev Patankar (Girls College), Dr. AshaDiwan, Dr. Vidhya Singh Rathore, Khairagarh, Shri Raghavendra Dubey, Dr. Brajesh Singh and Shri Vivek Tiwari.
- Workshop organized by Hindi and Education department. on “Self employment” around 120 students book part in it , on 19th December 2016.
- National Seminar sponsored by Chhattisgarh Cultural & Archadological department, organized by the department of History on 23 December 2016. The chief guest was Shri Ashutosh Mishra (Director, Cultural & Archadological department government of Chhattisgarh) special guest, Dr. Rahul Kumar Singh (Deputy Director cultural & Archadological department, government of Chhattisgarh) keynote speaker (Dr. Ramendra Nath Mishra) lqfo[;kr Historian) about sixty research papers was presented and publishes in the proceeding.
- National seminar sponsored by “Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology” (CGCOST) organized by departments of Chemistry on “Biodiversity Industrialization, Environment and we on 24th December 2016. The keynote speaker was Dr. W.B. Gurunule (K.N. College, Nagpur (Maharashtra). Invited talks by Prof. M.P. Gautam, Forensic ScienDeptt.Of Chemistry, G.G.V., Bilaspur (C.G.)
- One day workshop sponsored by R & D Cell organized by department of Sociology, Education, Social Work on “Apradh Niyantran Me Samaj Ki Bhumika” on 3rd Jan. 2017. Chief guest was Shri Mayank Shrivastava (Superintendent Of Police) and Special speaker was Shailesh Sharma (Secretary , Jila vidihik pradhikaran). Guest of Honor were Shri Rajkumar Sachdeva (Registrar, Pt. SLOU) and ShriAnnuBhaiSoni (Principal, D.P. Vipra, Law College, BSP).
- Two days workshop sponsored by R & D Cell, jointly organized by Microbiology, Biotechnology, Social Work and DLS Livelihood College. on “Current Trends in Mushroom Cultivation and Culture techniques” on 2-3 January 2017. Chief guest in inaugural session was – Prof. G.D. Sharma (Vice Chancellor, B.U., Bilaspur, C.G), Special guest and keynote speaker was Prof. A.K. Pandey (Chairman, M.P. private Regulatory Board Commission, Bhopal). Invited speakers were Dr. C.S. Shukla (Principal, Scientist IGKVV, Raipur (C.G.), Dr. R.K.S. Tiwari (Principal Scientist, T.C.B. C.A.R.S. Bilaspur), Dr. S.K. S.K. Shahi (Deptt. of Botany, G.G.V. Bilaspur (C.G.), Prof. R.V. Shukla (Retd. Prof. Deptt. Of Botany, CMD College, Bilaspur (C.G.), Dr. Kamlesh Shukla (Asst. Prof. Deptt. Of biotech. Pt. R.S.S.U. Raipur (C.G.), Dr. Nivedita Pathak (Principal Scientist TCB CARS BSP (C.G.)and Dr. B. Giri (SSN College, Delhi University).
About 430 students participated in the worksop.
- One day symposium organized by all science departments and DLS Livelihood College on “Herbal Medicine and Diabetes” on 13th Feb. 2017. Chief guest was Shri Kishore Rai (Mayar, Bilaspur (C.G.). Keynote speakers was Dr. GirishPandey (Orthopaedics, Director SushrutShodhSansthan), Dr. S.S. Singh (Dean, Department of Natural Resources and Forestr) and Prof. R.V. Shukla (Director, R & D Cell) and Invited talk by Prof. VinodRangari (HOD Pharmacy, G.G.V. Bilaspur (C.G.), Dr. HemantKaushik (Ayurvedicpractitiones), Dr. AkshatTiwari (Lab Incharge, SRL Diagnostions) and Dr. D.K. Shrivastava (Deptt.Of Botany, Govt. E.R.R. Science College, Bilaspur (C.G.). About 200 studentsfacultyes participated in the symposium.